The Plover Wiki has moved to GitHub
This wiki is only provided for archival purposes and should not be considered accurate or up to date.
Practice Sentences with Common English Words
This set of 21 sentences uses the 100 or so most common English words, comprising between 50% to 65% of all words used in English.
An interactive version of this sentence drill can be found here. Make sure Plover is running when you use it.
- So is this working?
- SO S TH WOG H-F
- Take that!
- TAEUBG THA SKHRAPL
- In general, all are found.
- TPH SKWREPBL KW-BG AUL R TPOUPBD TP-PL
- Some new, or not, interest him.
- SOPL TPHU KW-BG OR TPHOT KW-BG TR HEUPL TP-PL
- Through time, my days made years.
- THRU TAOEUPL KW-BG PHAOEU TKAEUS PHAED KWRAOERS TP-PL
- There can be only one.
- THR K -B OEPBL WUPB TP-PL
- Most may make many more.
- PHOEFT PHAEU PHAEUBG PHAEPB PHOR TP-PL
- When will you?
- WHEPB HR U H-F
- If I, like he, were them, our people would now will well.
- TP EU KW-BG HRAOEUBG E KW-BG WR THEPL KW-BG OUR PAOEPL WO TPHOU HR WEL TP-PL
- On such a day, no other said.
- OPB SUFP AEU TKAEU KW-BG TPHO OER SAEUD TP-PL
- The great first country was for her.
- -T TKPWRAET TPEURS KUPBT WAS TPOR HER TP-PL
- Who other than she?
- WHO OER THAPB SHAOE H-F
- Being between out, over, under, and upon, every good must last.
- -BG TWAOEPB OUT KW-BG OEFR KW-BG TPH-PB KW-BG SKP POPB KW-BG EFR TKPWAOD PHUFT HRAFT TP-PL
- Where were we?
- W-R WR WAOE H-F
- What has been here before is his.
- WHA HAS PW-PB HAOER PW-F S HEUS TP-PL
- After all, it is about that which you are from.
- AF AUL KW-BG T S PW THA WEU U R TPR TP-PL
- What can they have from these today?
- WHA K THE SR TPR THAOES TOED H-F
- By and large, it’s made very well.
- PWEU SKP HRARPBLG KW-BG T-S PHAED SRE WEL TP-PL
- Since they were up to it, their will was had.
- SEUPBS THE WR UP TO T KW-BG THAEUR HR WAS H TP-PL
- At its general time, but still while they were here.
- AT EUTS SKWREPBL TAOEUPL KW-BG PWUT STEUL WHAOEUL THE WR HAOER TP-PL
- Of which one is that?
- -F WEU WUPB S THA H-F